Wednesday, April 18, 2007

over the past few months, i feel like my artistic direction has evolved into a multitude of different subjects that i could take in many different ways. while i have always had strong concepts involving politics, and social issues, i have also started to have more traditional ideas. this semester began by putting politics in the back seat, while i began to become obsessed with painting portraits, and the figure. this focus i put on the figure lead me to a series of paintings involving my own face in a very simplistic style. aside from this, i have also started to become interested in landscapes, and the abstractions that can evolve from them.

i think my unusual,contour portraits were succesfull in many ways, and i also think i could take it further. with that said, i think i will put that on the backburner for my portfolio class, and focus more on social commentaries, and political issues. i plan on sitcking to the way i have always attacked certain issues. i do this by using alot of different mixed media such as paint, and silkscreening. the "made in china" painting i made is a good example of the way i execute my statements. i usually try and find, or create an ironic, funny, or thought provoking phrase that draws the viewers in. many times these phrases have earned me the title of being disrespectful, or a smart ass. i welcome both.


No comments: